I was so excited to buy these orange chairs thinking I could just make a cute slipcover for them until I got them home and they smelled really musty. So Instead of trying to shampoo them I decided to take to take out all the foam and start fresh.
After pulling out staples for days I finally got them down to the springs and wood. I painted the wood parts white and glazed it. I had to buy all new foam and batting because of the smell.
I had no idea what I was doing so I just started with the seat and then did the back and arms.
Instead of trying to do nail heads I did white gimp. I got the idea from miss mustard seeds blog, you can see it Here.
Don't look to close they are far from perfect, but they were fun to do....
I love the size of them and think they will be perfect in my great room by the fireplace in my new house, and they are really comfortable to. I still need to make a slipcover for them so they can be easily washed.